Thursday, February 21, 2008

Self Evaluation

1) I am most proud of myself for actually being able to complete all the assignments on time. I originally had signed up for two on line courses but after watching your introductory video and how much work was expected I decided one class would be enough. That turned out to be a good move on my part because you were right this class did require more work then I had originally expected.

I thought the quality of my work for most of the assignments I did was pretty good quality (for most of the assignments). At least on par with class work I have done previously for other college courses. The cell lab I thought I did a very good job on and I was pretty happy with the final result.

I was surprised I was able to manage my time effectively enough to get all the work done for this unit. The online course is harder then going to a regular class where there is a set schedule which in a way forces you to go and learn in the classroom environment. That is the way I have taken all of my classes so far so trying to take a course online has been a new experience and so far a good one.


2) There was the last review for genetics which definitely could have used some more time and effort on my part, but that goes back to the fact I needed to manage my time better. The last week and a half I really had to focus to get everything accomplished, because I did not spend as much time at the beginning of the unit as I should have. That is one area I am going to try and improve on for this next unit, time management.
Besides the last compendium review for genetics I thought my work was pretty good overall, and as you pointed out I could document my sources better for the upcoming projects and assignments.


3) I think my work was in the B + to A - category and if it was not for running a little short on time for the genetics review I would definitely say A - work as it stands that assignment might bring me down a little, but that’s what happens when you procrastinate even just a little.


4) As I have stated earlier I think if I manage my time better and get a nice jump on Unit II then the assignments will look better because I will have more time to work on them and I can spread out the work over a more days, so the revision process will be more thorough and done more accurately.
Overall this was a great start to the biology course. I think I have a pretty good handle on the concepts from the first unit especially considering how much information there was and the specific details needed to complete the labs. I am looking forward to doing a little better on the Unit II.

No comments: